I was wowed this morning when I happened across one of the Bitty Brown Bats working in our natural items area. He had some wire and a couple of pieces of chunky wood that found its way into our natural items treasure. I positioned myself within earshot and practiced the “pedagogy of listening”, Carlina Rinaldi. From what I could gather the Bat was creating his own elevator using these simple items. I’m including photos so that you can catch a glimpse of the brilliant, creative, thinking/learning world where I get to spend my days.
- Tomorrow we’re traveling to the National Zoo.
- If you’re a chaperone, we plan to leave at 10:00.
- And yes, we are traveling on a Yellow School Bus!
- Refer to the weather for dress code. Looks like we might miss the rain.
- Pack a picnic lunch using recycled items for easy discard.
- Send a morning snack that we’ll enjoy before we leave school.
- We’ll return to Mann at 2:00.