Children delight in making messages for their class family, home family, extended families, and friends. In this blog post you can see one child detailing an original message.
I noticed the child:
- Chose the message area during choice time
- Decided to make a message for a particular person
- Developed a plan
- Carefully selected materials from the message area
- Created the message
- Found the address of the message recipient on the address panel
- Signed the message
- Put the number address of the recipient on the message
- Placed the message in the recipient’s box
Developing Skills from writing a message:
- Fine motor
And the learning is endless – just from the simple task of writing a message.
I invite you to write a message – an art quickly fading in the age of technology. Writing a message is an exercise in becoming more aware of our feelings.